Kansas Indivisible Reorganization Meeting Set
The nation-wide Indivisible movement now includes not only pressuring members of Congress (MOCs) at the local level, but also REPLACING MOCs through local effort. To that end, the national group has officially been designated a 501(c)(4) organization under the name of “The Indivisible Project.” Because of this designation, the organization is able to engage in certain fundraising activities geared toward the ultimate goal of replacing MOCs. Kansas Indivisible applied for and was approved as a designated organization with permission under the Project’s umbrella to engage in certain fundraising activities, and to spend those funds on certain activities.
To help determine the future direction – including fundraising and spending activities – of KI, please attend the reorganization meeting. There are a number of things to do at the meeting. An agenda will be made and distributed at the start of the meeting. If you have an agenda item to add, please email it to kansasindivisible@protonma
1) Discuss the new system for fundraising and spending.
2) Does KI want a formal structure that requires electing leadership and committees?
3) Do we want to have bylaws?
4) What are the priorities for KI in terms of fundraising?
5) What are the priorities in terms of actions?
6) How can we engage and coordinate with other activist groups throughout the state?
Kansas Indivisible belongs to all Kansas residents, and all Kansas residents are invited to attend this meeting and be part of the process of replacing our MOCs in 2018.
Please RSVP at our Facebook event page.
Kansas Indivisible Reorganization Meeting
February 24, 2018
2 – 4 p.m.
Shawnee County Democrats Office at 5350 SW 17th St in Topeka.